A surveillance camera in a South Florida elevator captured a woman repeatedly kicking her small dog, the Miami Herald reported.
The video, taken on Sept. 20, shows the woman cornering and kicking the puppy, a Shih-Tzu named Chastity, after taking it out for a walk.
Police arrested Keevonna Wilson, 24, a week later and charged her with animal cruelty, the paper said. She posted $5,000 bond Sept. 28.
Miami-Dade Animal Services removed the 10-pound dog, the Herald said. Veterinary examination notes said Chastity was frightened but was “friendly and easy to examine.”
The vet found “contusions bilaterally in abdominal area, contusions bilaterally in pinnae, pain upon palpation of lumbar spine and abdomen,” the paper said.
- Updated The legacy of Farm and Fun Time
- Charlie Rose fired by CBS after sexual harassment reports
- Jimmy Buffet, Chris Stapleton, James Taylor opening for the Eagles on select dates in 2018
- Police seek help in solving vehicle theft cases in Elizabethton
- Motor Mile Speedway near Radford not renewing NASCAR sanction for 2018