A ninth person is dead following a shooting at a football viewing party in Plano, TX, Sunday night, police said.
NBC affiliate KXAS said the first officer who arrived also reported hearing gunshots. When the officer entered the home, he confronted an armed person. The officer opened fire, the official said, killing the armed person. Details about what led the officer to shoot have not been released.
Other reports said the mother of Meredith Lane, reportedly one of the victims, had recently filed for divorce from her husband and he had not taken the news well.
- Police: Multiple officers injured after shooting in Georgia
- Science Hill parents react to news of former booster president stealing money
- Speedway in Lights illuminating the night sky for opening night
- Speedway in Lights: new light displays and old favorites
- Sullivan County breaks ground on new middle school; changes coming for Kingsport schools