The Houston Astros are in the World Series for just the second time in team history after defeating the New York Yankees 4-0 Saturday night in the seventh and deciding game of the American League Championship Series.
Waiting for Houston in the World Series are the Los Angeles Dodgers, who beat the defending champion Chicago Cubs in five games and will host Games 1 and 2 on Tuesday and Wednesday at Dodger Stadium.
To win the ALCS, the Astros had to come back from a 3-2 series deficit after winning the first two games of the series in Houston then dropping three straight at Yankee Stadium.
They took Game 6 Friday night 7-1 on the strength of seven scoreless innings thrown by Justin Verlander, who improved his record this postseason to 4-0.
Houston will be playing in only its second World Series, having been swept by the Chicago White Sox in 2005.
The Dodgers are making their first return to the World Series since 1988, when they beat the Oakland Athletics in five games. This will be their 19th appearance overall, posting a 6-12 record in franchise history.
- Updated Tennessee Highway Patrol encourages safe driving during holiday
- Updated Salvation Army looks for volunteers for Red Kettle Campaign
- Updated BMA aproves design contract for Kingsport Aquatics Center expansion
- New Olive Garden in Bristol, VA helping others during the holidays
- New Bristol TN, NFPA offer tips on keeping Thanksgiving cooking safe