A firefighter in Georgia has died after suffering a traumatic brain injury from an accident on the job.
The Telegraph reports (http://bit.ly/2rgsPy9 ) 29-year-old Macon County firefighter Darrell Plank died on Tuesday. He suffered a skull fracture on Saturday, after being hit in the head by a metal coupling as a fire hose snagged on a truck at a house fire in Montezuma, about 50 miles southwest of Macon.
He was taken to a hospital, and a CT scan conducted Monday showed he had suffered a stroke on the left side of his brain.
Plank was been with the fire department for 10 years and was a father of five children.
(Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Updated Scott County students receive shoes and socks from Rotary Club Shoe Fund
- Updated Union's James Mitchell commits to Virginia Tech
- Sullivan County dispatcher honored for successful baby delivery over the phone
- "Wreaths Across America" underway at the Mountain Home National Cemetery
- Students helping fellow students at Science Hill High School