Authorities say a man hired a prostitute to meet him at a hotel, killed her, put her body in a plastic container and buried it in his backyard.
Broward Sheriff's officials say 25-year-old Tyquan Pearson met 19-year-old Brittney Taylor at a South Florida motel in May after soliciting her online. Authorities say hotel surveillance video showed Taylor enter the room. Four hours later, the video shows Pearson leaving, pushing a stroller with a blue storage container.
The Sun Sentinel reports the investigation led detectives to a home where they found Taylor's remains inside the container and buried in the backyard.
Pearson was arrested on a warrant in Norfolk, Virginia and was transferred on Tuesday to South Florida, where he is being held without bond on a murder charge. It's unclear whether he'd retained an attorney who could comment on the latest charge.
Information from: Sun Sentinel , http://www.sun-sentinel.com/
(Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- President Trump and family now land owners in Hawkins County
- Businesses in downtown Marion deck the windows for holiday contest
- UPDATE: Bristol, Tennessee man sentenced to 10 years for child sex crimes
- Sullivan County Highway Department has new tools to clear slippery roads
- UPDATE: Governor Haslam offers $5K reward for info on Bristol Walmart murder