Fiat Chrysler will recall more than 494,000 Ram pickups and medium-duty trucks over reports of defective water pumps.
The recall involves Ram 2500 and 3500 pickups and Ram 3500, 4500 and 5500 chassis cabs from the 2013 to 2017 model years.
Most of the 494,417 vehicles involved were sold in the U.S., and another 46,220 are in Canada. All have 6.7-liter engines.
In a statement, Fiat Chrysler said an investigation of customer complaints found that the affected vehicles are equipped with "a water-pump bearing that, after exposure to certain conditions, may overheat," potentially causing an engine fire.
The automaker said it isn't aware of injuries or accidents related to the defect. It no longer uses the type of water pump involved in the recall.
Fiat Chrysler will notify customers and dealers will fix or replace the defective pumps at no charge.
- Updated MUST WATCH: Race car drivers clash and crash...then one gets shocked by police
- New As overdoses rise in Tennessee, so does pill waste surrender
- Gov. declares state of emergency for Florida in advance of white nationalist speech
- House Speaker Harwell calls for hearings after latest TNReady mistake
- Southwest Virginia lawmaker proposes tax reform legislation