BRISTOL, Va. - Neighborhoods throughout Bristol, Virginia will be participating in a nationwide crime and drug prevention event.
It's called National Night Out Against Crime.
On Tuesday, August 5th, residents of certain neighborhoods in Bristol, Virginia are asked to lock their doors, turn on outside lights and spend the evening outside with neighbors and police.
The Bristol, Virginia Police Department tells us that many neighborhoods have organized events such as block parties and cookouts.
The locations of these events are as follows.
(1) Monarch Place, off King Mill Pike, will host a covered dish dinner beginning at 6:00 p.m. Live music will be provided.
(2) Solar Street Neighborhood Watch group has scheduled a covered dish cookout from 6:00 – 9:00 p.m. in the 200 block of Solar Street.
3) Ridgcrest Town Apartment will start at 6:00pm at 2 Heritage Drive.
4) Bristol Regional Housing Authority will be from 5:00pm-6:oopm at Oakview Ave. and Clinton Ave. Behind the Old Mosby Apartments.
Bristol, Virginia Police say that they will attend as many of the events as possible during the scheduled times.
- Sale of the old mill property still planning to go through after fire
- Greene County teen admits to murdering father
- Authorities continue investigation into old General Mills building fire
- Cyber security customer call center has grand opening in Wise
- Expelled state lawmaker escorted from UT football game