A special guest is helping to make sure people don't go hungry in Bristol, Tennessee.
NASCAR Driver Jeff Gordon made a pit stop at the mobile food pantry run by Second Harvest Food Bank of Northeast Tennessee on Thursday.
He helped sort, package, and distribute food. Gordon said, "I look at my schedule and anytime I can help I'm proud to represent AARP's Drive to End Hunger."
The mobile food pantry helps people who are on low or fixed incomes with limited or no access to food assistance.
Seniors living at Fort Shelby Towers regularly get deliveries from the pantry.
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting
- Tri Cities Regional Airport celebrates completion of construction