KINGSPORT, Tenn. - We have new facts this afternoon on the deadly car crash in Kingsport that happened over the weekend.
We now know the name of the person who died in that crash on John B. Dennis highway. The single-vehicle crash happened just after 6 p.m. Sunday evening south of Moreland Drive.
The driver of a 2001 Mazda pick-up truck was 39-year-old Melissa Kennedy of Fall Branch. She was treated for non-life threatening injuries.
Her passenger, 61-year-old Charles Murray, also from fall branch, was thrown through the window and killed. Police tell us Murray was not wearing a seat belt.
The crash remains under investigation.
- Pastor's wife charged with embezzling from church in Kingsport
- Four charged in Church Hill home invasion case
- Updated Battle at Bristol 2? Speedway Motorsports won't rule it out
- Updated Virginia settles with Hyundai/Kia in multi-state suit
- Updated King University to suspend admissions to nursing program, close Nashville-area campus