CARTER COUNTY, Tenn. - The Carter County deputy involved in a shooting Tuesday was identified by sheriff Chris Mathes.
Mathes says it was Deputy William Ross Frizzell that fired his gun at Keith Brummit.
It happened at the intersection of Okolona Road and Milligan Highway.
Mathes says Frizzell was attempting to serve a warrant on Brummitt when Brummitt attacked him.
The sheriff says Frizzell was choked and beaten by Brummitt before he ended the struggle by firing that shot.
Brumitt remains hospitalized.
Frizzell has been released.
- Ceremony honors female veterans at Mountain Home National Cemetery
- Johnson City Memorial Day ceremony goes off without hitch, despite stolen flags
- Mountain Home National Cemetery honoring fallen service members on Memorial Day
- Free meals for children in Kingsport begin Tuesday
- Police: Man fired AK-47 from car while driving down highway