CARTER COUNTY, Tenn. - The Carter County deputy involved in a shooting Tuesday was identified by sheriff Chris Mathes.
Mathes says it was Deputy William Ross Frizzell that fired his gun at Keith Brummit.
It happened at the intersection of Okolona Road and Milligan Highway.
Mathes says Frizzell was attempting to serve a warrant on Brummitt when Brummitt attacked him.
The sheriff says Frizzell was choked and beaten by Brummitt before he ended the struggle by firing that shot.
Brumitt remains hospitalized.
Frizzell has been released.
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day
- Wanted man leads officers on multiple-state chase