CARTER COUNTY, Tenn. - The Carter County deputy involved in a shooting Tuesday was identified by sheriff Chris Mathes.
Mathes says it was Deputy William Ross Frizzell that fired his gun at Keith Brummit.
It happened at the intersection of Okolona Road and Milligan Highway.
Mathes says Frizzell was attempting to serve a warrant on Brummitt when Brummitt attacked him.
The sheriff says Frizzell was choked and beaten by Brummitt before he ended the struggle by firing that shot.
Brumitt remains hospitalized.
Frizzell has been released.
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets