Johnson County, TN - Two men charged in a double murder are scheduled to make another appearance in a Johnson County courtroom today.
Marvin Potter Junior and Jamie Lynn Curd are accused of killing Billy Payne Junior and Billie Jean Hayworth.
The couple was found nearly two months ago at a home in the Doe Valley community. The sheriff says both had been shot in the head and Billy Payne's throat was slashed. Their infant son was unharmed, but found in the arms of his dead mother.
Sheriff Mike Reece tells us a controversy between the couple and Potter's daughter Janelle began when the couple defriended her from Facebook.
- New Historic U.S. Army recruitment effort increase underway
- New More sponsors for measure to repeal HB2, keep restrictions
- New West Virginia Senate would penalize sharing explicit images
- Updated Authorities investigating Carter County pharmacy armed robbery
- Tennessee man faces negligent homicide charge in toddler's death