ELIZABETHTON, Tn - Police are warning drivers tonight about wet roads after two cars slide into creeks. Both of those crashes were in Elizabethton.
Police tell us a truck hit a bridge on Siam Road and then went into the creek near Wilbur Dam Road, the driver only had minor injuries. Authorities believe the heavy rains were a factor.
Elizabethton Police say the second crash happened around 8 p.m. on Bristol Highway near Rasnick Hollow Road.
We're told a female was trapped inside her car that flipped into the creek. She was taken to the hospital with non-life threatening injures.
- Johnson City man found guilty of second degree murder
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting