ELIZABETHTON, Tn - Police are warning drivers tonight about wet roads after two cars slide into creeks. Both of those crashes were in Elizabethton.
Police tell us a truck hit a bridge on Siam Road and then went into the creek near Wilbur Dam Road, the driver only had minor injuries. Authorities believe the heavy rains were a factor.
Elizabethton Police say the second crash happened around 8 p.m. on Bristol Highway near Rasnick Hollow Road.
We're told a female was trapped inside her car that flipped into the creek. She was taken to the hospital with non-life threatening injures.
- Local recycling practices both benefit and cost their cities
- Johnson County woman recovering after vicious dog attack
- Law enforcement search for dangerous inmate that escaped from local jail
- Johnson City woman honored by Girl Scouts of the Southern Appalachians
- Johnson City Cardinals may break 20 year attendance record