ELIZABETHTON, Tn - Police are warning drivers tonight about wet roads after two cars slide into creeks. Both of those crashes were in Elizabethton.
Police tell us a truck hit a bridge on Siam Road and then went into the creek near Wilbur Dam Road, the driver only had minor injuries. Authorities believe the heavy rains were a factor.
Elizabethton Police say the second crash happened around 8 p.m. on Bristol Highway near Rasnick Hollow Road.
We're told a female was trapped inside her car that flipped into the creek. She was taken to the hospital with non-life threatening injures.
- Abingdon Police investigating after a train hit a pedestrian
- Congressman Phil Roe is working on reforming the Affordable Care Act
- IN LIKE A LION: Potential for strong storms on Wednesday
- BMS and Buffalo Wild Wings host Daytona 500 watch parties in the Tri-Cities
- Police say man on drugs led officials on hour-long chase in Johnson City