ELIZABETHTON, Tn - Police are warning drivers tonight about wet roads after two cars slide into creeks. Both of those crashes were in Elizabethton.
Police tell us a truck hit a bridge on Siam Road and then went into the creek near Wilbur Dam Road, the driver only had minor injuries. Authorities believe the heavy rains were a factor.
Elizabethton Police say the second crash happened around 8 p.m. on Bristol Highway near Rasnick Hollow Road.
We're told a female was trapped inside her car that flipped into the creek. She was taken to the hospital with non-life threatening injures.
- Updated Figure skater Scott Hamilton diagnosed with 3rd brain tumor
- Life Care agrees to pay $145 million for role in false claims to Medicare, TRICARE
- Trial in Carter County begins for man accused of trying to kill deputy while in jail
- Third suspect in Nashville tourist's death arrested
- Virginia city may consider "In God We Trust" motto for its city hall