Kingsport, TN - One person died in a motorcycle crash in Kingsport.
It happened at mile marker 58 along Interstate 81 around 5:30 Thursday night.
Kingsport police say traffic was slowing down in that area because there was a tire in the road. They say the driver of the motorcycle did not slow down in time. Police tell us that motorcycle flipped and slid about 250 feet.
The driver has not been identified pending notification of that person's family.
- ETSU student charged following gorilla mask incident at Black Lives Matter protest
- Carter County deputy, former 'Southern Justice' star, charged with murder
- ETSU administration quickly organizes meeting to start conversations about race
- Recovery action walk raises awareness in Wise County
- Police searching for kidnapping suspect