BRISTOL, Tenn. - A motorcycle crash sent one person to the hospital on May 15.
The crash happened on Highway 126 in Bristol, Tennessee just before 8:15 Wednesday night.
Police tell News 5 the motorcycle was going around a curve when it ran off the road, hit dirt, then traveled across a side road, throwing the rider off the bike. Officers say the bike continued and ended up about 15 to 20 feet from where the driver landed.
"We don't believe alcohol or drugs at this point are going to be a factor. Probably, primarily, speed is going to be a factor," said Lt. Justin Branson, with the Bristol Police Department.
Police say the driver was taken to the hospital with minor injuries. That investigation is ongoing.
- Four charged in Church Hill home invasion case
- FTC warns there would be 'significant risk' if MSHA, Wellmont merger is approved
- Suspected Bristol bank robber waives preliminary hearing
- Justin Timberlake on Tenn. voting controversy: "I had no idea."
- Updated MLB commish says he plans to meet with Indians owner on logo