BRISTOL, Tenn. - A motorcycle crash sent one person to the hospital on May 15.
The crash happened on Highway 126 in Bristol, Tennessee just before 8:15 Wednesday night.
Police tell News 5 the motorcycle was going around a curve when it ran off the road, hit dirt, then traveled across a side road, throwing the rider off the bike. Officers say the bike continued and ended up about 15 to 20 feet from where the driver landed.
"We don't believe alcohol or drugs at this point are going to be a factor. Probably, primarily, speed is going to be a factor," said Lt. Justin Branson, with the Bristol Police Department.
Police say the driver was taken to the hospital with minor injuries. That investigation is ongoing.
- Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane