Virginia State Police are investigating a motorcycle accident that caused a chain reaction in Washington County, Virginia.
In the first one, the motorcyclist Christopher Lawson of Abingdon was traveling on Route 58, when he suddenly ran off the road.
Lawson died at the scene. Investigators said he was wearing a helmet.
Then, moments later, another motorcycle swerved to miss Lawson. The second motorcyclist ran off the road into a creek. The driver has minor injuries. The passenger was seriously hurt and was flown to Bristol Regional Medical Center.
VSP said the couple is from Ohio. Both were wearing helmets.
- Kingsport city hall may be moving; officials examining costs to city
- Seat belt usage in Virginia reaches record high
- Police: Johnson City man arrested after pointing gun at store clerk
- Church Hill man pleads guilty to sexual exploitation of a minor
- Victims of sexual assault and harassment post "Me Too" on social media