JOHNSON COUNTY, Tenn. - Johnson County, Tennessee authorities continue to search for a motive in a weekend shooting.
One victim is in the hospital with two gunshots. Authorities tell us the suspect is dead. Sheriff Mike Reece believes she murdered her six-year-old daughter before she turned the gun on herself.
This all began in a standoff Saturday night where Johnson County deputies answered the call about a domestic shooting on McEwen Road. Click here to read more.
Authorities say Heather Finley Buchanan shot Terry Mark Johnson in the stomach and hand. He was taken to the hospital. There was no word from authorities on what his condition was Monday.
Twelve hours after that call, another came into dispatch from a neighbor.
Sunday morning, authorities found Buchanan and her daughter, Alexis Renea Buchanan, both dead, both with gunshot wounds to the head.
Sheriff Reece says Buchanan also fired at a deputy. That deputy was not injured.
- VA Coal and Energy Alliance Conference: Industry leaders optimistic about coal rebound
- McAuliffe announces millions for 'green' overhaul in Russell Co. Schools
- UPDATE: Former regional jail guards indicted for contraband, bribes
- Letter: Flynn cites 'public frenzy,' invokes 5th Amendment
- Bristol Spruce-Up: Deadline approaching for Neighborhood Grant program