RICHLANDS, Va. - The mother of a Southwest Virginia boy, who was killed three years ago, will be in court in Salt Lake city, UT.
Stephanie Sloop is charged with aggravated murder, inflicting a serious injury on a child, obstructing justice and other charges.
The charges stem from the death of her son, Ethan Stacy, back in 2010, when he arrived in Utah for a court-ordered visit to see her for a week. Ethan lived with his father in Richlands, Virginia.
Court documents say severe abuse was Ethan's cause of death. Stephanie's husband, Nathan Sloop pleaded guilty to the murder of Ethan just last week. He was sentenced to 25 years to life in prison.
- New Firefighters feeling 'hopeful' after making presentation to Bristol, Va. city council
- Updated School Budget Cut: Many voice concerns about tentative budget at Board of Supervisors meeting
- Solidarity in Remembrance: Smyth Co. town comes together to honor veterans
- Former addict overcomes addiction, becomes drug court coordinator
- Man with bladed gloves, clown makeup held in Denver stabbing