RICHLANDS, Va. - The mother of a Southwest Virginia boy, who was killed three years ago, will be in court in Salt Lake city, UT.
Stephanie Sloop is charged with aggravated murder, inflicting a serious injury on a child, obstructing justice and other charges.
The charges stem from the death of her son, Ethan Stacy, back in 2010, when he arrived in Utah for a court-ordered visit to see her for a week. Ethan lived with his father in Richlands, Virginia.
Court documents say severe abuse was Ethan's cause of death. Stephanie's husband, Nathan Sloop pleaded guilty to the murder of Ethan just last week. He was sentenced to 25 years to life in prison.
- New 'Aerial Adventure' ropes course opens at ETSU
- Confederate nurse honored more than 150 years after Civil War
- Gov. Haslam hosts Appalachian Regional Commission conference
- Multiple agencies search for escaped inmate out of Washington County, Tenn.
- Local recycling practices both benefit and cost their cities