RICHLANDS, Va. - The mother of a Southwest Virginia boy, who was killed three years ago, will be in court in Salt Lake city, UT.
Stephanie Sloop is charged with aggravated murder, inflicting a serious injury on a child, obstructing justice and other charges.
The charges stem from the death of her son, Ethan Stacy, back in 2010, when he arrived in Utah for a court-ordered visit to see her for a week. Ethan lived with his father in Richlands, Virginia.
Court documents say severe abuse was Ethan's cause of death. Stephanie's husband, Nathan Sloop pleaded guilty to the murder of Ethan just last week. He was sentenced to 25 years to life in prison.
- Updated BMS and Buffalo Wild Wings host Daytona 500 watch parties in the Tri-Cities
- Updated Police say man on drugs led officials on hour-long chase in Johnson City
- Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview