TAZEWELL COUNTY, Va. - A Bluefield, Virginia woman learned her fate after pleading guilty to felony child abuse.
Jessica Mae Young was sentenced to four years in prison for abusing her six-month-old baby girl.
The Tazewell County Commonwealth's Attorney says the infant suffered severe head trauma and also had a cigarette burn on her arm.
Investigators say while Young lived in Arizona she had two children removed from her care and this child is the third to have significant head trauma.
Young was also sentenced to five years of probation after her release from prison.
- Updated State Police: Man killed in Wise County, VA crash
- New Former Derby, Preakness winner Charismatic dies
- Dozens disappointed after local legislators a no-show at meeting in Johnson City
- Crews will scale back the search effort for a missing man on South Holston Lake
- Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy