TAZEWELL COUNTY, Va. - A Bluefield, Virginia woman learned her fate after pleading guilty to felony child abuse.
Jessica Mae Young was sentenced to four years in prison for abusing her six-month-old baby girl.
The Tazewell County Commonwealth's Attorney says the infant suffered severe head trauma and also had a cigarette burn on her arm.
Investigators say while Young lived in Arizona she had two children removed from her care and this child is the third to have significant head trauma.
Young was also sentenced to five years of probation after her release from prison.
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Lightening strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport
- Elizabethton Police investigating toddler's death