TAZEWELL COUNTY, Va. - A Bluefield, Virginia woman learned her fate after pleading guilty to felony child abuse.
Jessica Mae Young was sentenced to four years in prison for abusing her six-month-old baby girl.
The Tazewell County Commonwealth's Attorney says the infant suffered severe head trauma and also had a cigarette burn on her arm.
Investigators say while Young lived in Arizona she had two children removed from her care and this child is the third to have significant head trauma.
Young was also sentenced to five years of probation after her release from prison.
- Kingsport native identified as victim in Washington state mall shooting
- Local donors, recipients talk about impact of organ and tissue donation
- Bristol Virginia council votes to borrow another three million for The Falls
- Officials hope to get more millennials voting in this presidential election
- Local mental health court to soon hit major milestone