TAZEWELL COUNTY, Va. - A Bluefield, Virginia woman learned her fate after pleading guilty to felony child abuse.
Jessica Mae Young was sentenced to four years in prison for abusing her six-month-old baby girl.
The Tazewell County Commonwealth's Attorney says the infant suffered severe head trauma and also had a cigarette burn on her arm.
Investigators say while Young lived in Arizona she had two children removed from her care and this child is the third to have significant head trauma.
Young was also sentenced to five years of probation after her release from prison.
- Pastor's wife charged with embezzling from church in Kingsport
- Four charged in Church Hill home invasion case
- FTC, Wellmont and MSHA speak in front of SWVa. Health Authority
- VP candidate Pence not hurt when plane skids off runway
- Chelsea Clinton garnering young voters at Appalachian State University