TAZEWELL COUNTY, Va. - A Bluefield, Virginia woman learned her fate after pleading guilty to felony child abuse.
Jessica Mae Young was sentenced to four years in prison for abusing her six-month-old baby girl.
The Tazewell County Commonwealth's Attorney says the infant suffered severe head trauma and also had a cigarette burn on her arm.
Investigators say while Young lived in Arizona she had two children removed from her care and this child is the third to have significant head trauma.
Young was also sentenced to five years of probation after her release from prison.
- Johnson City man found guilty of second degree murder
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting