BRISTOL, Tenn. - One woman's Valentine's Day present didn't come from cupid, it came from the stork.
Rylan Nunley was born at 7:30 a.m. Thursday at Bristol Regional Medical Center. He weighed 8 pounds 14 ounces.
His mother, Rhonda Nunley, actually works in the Emergency Room at the hospital and had just finished her shift and gone home when she went into labor.
She said the Valentine's Day Birthday is much better than flowers or chocolates. "Everyone kept reminding me that I'm going to have a Valentine's baby," said Rhonda. "It's a wonderful blessing. It's the best gift ever."
Wellmont reports six babies were born by 5 p.m. on Thursday and eight more women were in labor.
- Updated Red carpet rolled out in Bristol for the movie premiere of 'Believe'
- Updated Rime ice caps area mountain tops just days after record highs
- Updated Hundreds supported breast cancer at Tri-Cities Race for the Cure
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy