BRISTOL, Tenn. - One woman's Valentine's Day present didn't come from cupid, it came from the stork.
Rylan Nunley was born at 7:30 a.m. Thursday at Bristol Regional Medical Center. He weighed 8 pounds 14 ounces.
His mother, Rhonda Nunley, actually works in the Emergency Room at the hospital and had just finished her shift and gone home when she went into labor.
She said the Valentine's Day Birthday is much better than flowers or chocolates. "Everyone kept reminding me that I'm going to have a Valentine's baby," said Rhonda. "It's a wonderful blessing. It's the best gift ever."
Wellmont reports six babies were born by 5 p.m. on Thursday and eight more women were in labor.
- UPDATE: escaped UPS Lee inmates captured in Mexico
- Firefighters feeling 'hopeful' after making presentation to Bristol, Va. city council
- School Budget Cut: Many voice concerns about tentative budget at Board of Supervisors meeting
- Solidarity in Remembrance: Smyth Co. town comes together to honor veterans
- Former addict overcomes addiction, becomes drug court coordinator