SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. - A Sullivan County, Tennessee woman is dead after her vehicle crashed Monday morning.
The Sullivan County Sheriff's Office says it happened just before 8:30, at the intersection of Bloomingdale and Timbertree Branch Roads.
The vehicle first went off the right side of the road, then crossed back over both lanes before hitting an embankment and overturning. Sharon Livesay, of Kingsport, was pronounced dead at the scene. Detectives say she was not wearing a seatbelt.
Investigators are not sure what caused Livesay to lose control of her car.
"Witnesses say the driver was not speeding at the time of the crash," says Sullivan County Public Information Officer Leslie Earhart. "It's still under investigation."
Investigators say an autopsy will be performed to help determine what caused the accident.
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets
- Enjoying record high heat in February
- "Compassion International" exhibition in Gray this weekend