SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. - A Sullivan County, Tennessee woman is dead after her vehicle crashed Monday morning.
The Sullivan County Sheriff's Office says it happened just before 8:30, at the intersection of Bloomingdale and Timbertree Branch Roads.
The vehicle first went off the right side of the road, then crossed back over both lanes before hitting an embankment and overturning. Sharon Livesay, of Kingsport, was pronounced dead at the scene. Detectives say she was not wearing a seatbelt.
Investigators are not sure what caused Livesay to lose control of her car.
"Witnesses say the driver was not speeding at the time of the crash," says Sullivan County Public Information Officer Leslie Earhart. "It's still under investigation."
Investigators say an autopsy will be performed to help determine what caused the accident.
- New Johnson County woman recovering after vicious dog attack
- New Law enforcement search for dangerous inmate that escaped from local jail
- New Johnson City woman honored by Girl Scouts of the Southern Appalachians
- Updated Johnson City Cardinals may break 20 year attendance record
- Updated Local bank holding 5K run to raise money for Niswonger Children's Hospital