SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. - A Sullivan County, Tennessee woman is dead after her vehicle crashed Monday morning.
The Sullivan County Sheriff's Office says it happened just before 8:30, at the intersection of Bloomingdale and Timbertree Branch Roads.
The vehicle first went off the right side of the road, then crossed back over both lanes before hitting an embankment and overturning. Sharon Livesay, of Kingsport, was pronounced dead at the scene. Detectives say she was not wearing a seatbelt.
Investigators are not sure what caused Livesay to lose control of her car.
"Witnesses say the driver was not speeding at the time of the crash," says Sullivan County Public Information Officer Leslie Earhart. "It's still under investigation."
Investigators say an autopsy will be performed to help determine what caused the accident.
- Kidnapping suspect still on the run, after statewide AMBER Alert is canceled
- Lightning strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport