BRISTOL, Va. - A plant expansion means more jobs are coming to Bristol.
Shearer's Food Plant Manager Pam Herman says the company will spend $5 million to add a second tortilla chip line.
The addition will increase production by 15 million pounds a year and add 20 to 25 new jobs for now.
The chip plant will now have two potato chip and two tortilla chip lines.
210 people already work at the plant.
- Updated Red carpet rolled out in Bristol for the movie premiere of 'Believe'
- Updated Rime ice caps area mountain tops just days after record highs
- Updated Hundreds supported breast cancer at Tri-Cities Race for the Cure
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy