(CNN) -- The final bid for a trading card that the National Baseball Hall of Fame calls "the Holy Grail" is $2,105,770.50, including the buyer's premium. The 1909 card of Pittsburgh Pirate shortstop Honus Wagner was auctioned off by Goldin Auctions in West Berlin, New Jersey. Bidding started at $500,000 on Feb. 25.
Popular now on WCYB.com
Around The Watercooler
- Ghost hunters mistaken for burglars
- Merriam-Webster's word of the year is ...
- Is Pope Francis sneaking out at night?
- 'Angel of 9-11:' Some see face in twisted wreckage
- Jesse Owens' medal bidding tops $200,000
- Colo. woman busted for topless haircuts
- Beloved, officially ugly dog dies
- Couple: Anti-gay note is a fraud
- Famous comet may be in trouble