Smithfield Foods shares edged lower after the meat processor posted a drop in earnings due to weak exports to Japan, China and Russia. The company announced an agreement earlier this year to be acquired by China's Shuanghui International, a deal now awaiting approval from the U.S. government.
Popular now on WCYB.com
Jobs report and Syria fears whipsaw stocks
Dow closes lower for first time this week
POSTED: 9:47 AM Sep 06 2013 UPDATED: 3:05 PM Sep 08 2013
Copyright 2013 by CNN NewSource. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Around The Watercooler
- Flight delayed 2 hours for pilot's sandwich
- Festive penguins go on parade in S. Korea
- Bill Gates is Reddit user's Secret Santa
- Dog who survived gassing headed to Rose Bowl
- TTYL: Facebooking tourist walks off pier
- Woman applying for job steals from tip jar
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier
- Helicopter crew rescues crane operator from fire
- Lottery winner gives $40 million jackpot away