"Because the Hope Credit is not at all refundable, that's potentially $1,000 dollars out of the pocket of a college student, and when you're trying to go to college, $1,000 is a lot of money," said Williams.
Popular now on WCYB.com
4 tax breaks for parents on the chopping block
Tax breaks expire Jan. 1
POSTED: 5:47 AM Oct 11 2012 UPDATED: 2:36 PM Oct 11 2012
Copyright 2012 by CNN NewSource. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Around The Watercooler
- World's thinnest condom is 1/6 width of human hair
- Stunning pic of Freeman is actually iPad painting
- Bob Dylan guitar sells for nearly $1 million
- $50,000 dropped in Salvation Army kettle
- 63 female skydivers set world record
- Woman sheds 100 pounds for the Army
- 'Tippy the Fainting Squirrel' an online superstar
- Canadian lotto officials track down $50M winner
- Cops: Man stabbed by brother over silverware