"Because the Hope Credit is not at all refundable, that's potentially $1,000 dollars out of the pocket of a college student, and when you're trying to go to college, $1,000 is a lot of money," said Williams.
4 tax breaks for parents on the chopping block
Tax breaks expire Jan. 1
POSTED: 5:47 AM Oct 11 2012 UPDATED: 2:36 PM Oct 11 2012
Copyright 2012 by CNN NewSource. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Around The Watercooler
- 'Anti-pervert' hairy leggings all the rage in China
- Sesame Street: 'P' is for prison and that's OK
- Man survives 15-story fall in New Zealand
- Cat runs for mayor in Mexico
- Bank error shows woman $300 million in debt
- Wendy's worker fired over Frosty-guzzling photo
- Kids burning ants spark wildfire
- Suspected burglar caught hiding in dryer
- Woman sues Culver's after walking into glass