How much families need to get by
The Economic Policy Institute has calculated how much families need to have "an adequate but modest" standard of living based on the cost of housing, food, transportation, health care, child care, taxes and other necessities around the country. Take a look at what a family of two parents and two children would need in 20 large metro areas to meet this standard.
Around The Watercooler
- Tenant won't pay damages for peeing while standing
- Was King Tut's beard broken, glued back on?
- Man bulldozes home, doesn't tell anyone
- Rare frilled shark caught off Australia coast
- Ramen tangles traffic after truck crash
- No jail time for woman who faked daughter's cancer
- Man attacked by owl on morning run
- Man cited for eating burger while driving
- Hundreds of birds covered in mystery 'goop'