How much families need to get by
The Economic Policy Institute has calculated how much families need to have "an adequate but modest" standard of living based on the cost of housing, food, transportation, health care, child care, taxes and other necessities around the country. Take a look at what a family of two parents and two children would need in 20 large metro areas to meet this standard.
Around The Watercooler
- Bank robbery suspect's happy mug shot going viral
- La. restaurant gives discount to gun-toting patrons
- Cops: Man shot at neighbor's home to unload gun
- Fleeing car crashes into water treatment plant
- 'Che,' Chavez perfumes a no-go in Cuba
- Would you wear the Suitsy?
- Woman hitches rides on planes to 46 states
- School bus driver crashes, goes into labor
- Police: Shirtless drunk man took bath in holy water