How much families need to get by
The Economic Policy Institute has calculated how much families need to have "an adequate but modest" standard of living based on the cost of housing, food, transportation, health care, child care, taxes and other necessities around the country. Take a look at what a family of two parents and two children would need in 20 large metro areas to meet this standard.
Around The Watercooler
- Cops: Woman swallows stolen ring to 'hide it'
- Russian bank offers cats with mortgages
- 99 cans of beer in a pack
- PD: Mom hung up on missing child call to strip
- Feral cat forces elementary school to close
- The people who create their own 'countries'
- Cops: Meth suspects threw toilet at imagined attackers
- Police: Woman tried to burn down ex's house with bacon
- Giraffe tries to ride motorcycle (and fails)