How much families need to get by
The Economic Policy Institute has calculated how much families need to have "an adequate but modest" standard of living based on the cost of housing, food, transportation, health care, child care, taxes and other necessities around the country. Take a look at what a family of two parents and two children would need in 20 large metro areas to meet this standard.
Around The Watercooler
- Beer thrown at tiger during drunken zoo party
- Drone with drugs, phones crashes outside prison
- New ice cream changes color as you lick it
- Father-to-be takes hilarious 'maternity pictures'
- Cronut creator unveils ice cream sundae in a can
- Plastic surgeon sued over 'cocaine nose' photos
- Couple wants to change middle names to 'Seamonster'
- Man wins 2 $1 million jackpots in 3 months
- Furniture made to look (and smell) like human skin