JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A marathon event is coming to the Tri-Cities.
Rise Up, a non-profit group that mentors children, has announced it will host the first full marathon in Northeast Tennessee.
The race will be May 10. It will start and finish at Winged Deer Park in Johnson City; and runners will even get to take a lap around the Bristol Motor Speedway.
Organizers say they hope runners will enjoy the race but also "Rise up" and become a mentor for some young people in our region.
- Abingdon Police investigating after a train hit a pedestrian
- Congressman Phil Roe is working on reforming the Affordable Care Act
- IN LIKE A LION: Potential for strong storms on Wednesday
- BMS and Buffalo Wild Wings host Daytona 500 watch parties in the Tri-Cities
- Police say man on drugs led officials on hour-long chase in Johnson City