JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A marathon event is coming to the Tri-Cities.
Rise Up, a non-profit group that mentors children, has announced it will host the first full marathon in Northeast Tennessee.
The race will be May 10. It will start and finish at Winged Deer Park in Johnson City; and runners will even get to take a lap around the Bristol Motor Speedway.
Organizers say they hope runners will enjoy the race but also "Rise up" and become a mentor for some young people in our region.
- New Bristol, Va. firefighters post billboards ahead of public hearing
- Two boys charged with reckless burning in Kingsport IGA fire
- Instantly healing technology tested on human in Kingsport
- Union High School Marching Bears performing in National Memorial Day Parade
- Red Onion inmate, D.C. sniper teen could get new trial