JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A marathon event is coming to the Tri-Cities.
Rise Up, a non-profit group that mentors children, has announced it will host the first full marathon in Northeast Tennessee.
The race will be May 10. It will start and finish at Winged Deer Park in Johnson City; and runners will even get to take a lap around the Bristol Motor Speedway.
Organizers say they hope runners will enjoy the race but also "Rise up" and become a mentor for some young people in our region.
- New Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day