WATAUGA COUNTY, N.C. - A man accused of murdering his wife in Watauga County, North Carolina has pleaded guilty to the charge.
According to the Watauga Democrat, 29-year-old Christopher Warren Meade pleaded guilty to second degree murder and was sentenced to at least 14 years in prison.
Meade is accused of killing his wife, 41-year-old Deana Elizabeth Schermerhorn, in 2009. Police found Schermerhorn's body in a shallow grave after she was reported missing.
That grave was in the couple's yard in Seven Devils.
- Updated Authorities search for violent, dangerous escaped inmate
- New Shop sells shirts to raise $40K for fallen officer's family
- Case of Greene Co. man accused in shooting sent to grand jury
- Local mayor and associate admitted to bribing voters
- Suspect in stabbing of Greene Co. dog was in country illegally