WATAUGA COUNTY, N.C. - A man accused of murdering his wife in Watauga County, North Carolina has pleaded guilty to the charge.
According to the Watauga Democrat, 29-year-old Christopher Warren Meade pleaded guilty to second degree murder and was sentenced to at least 14 years in prison.
Meade is accused of killing his wife, 41-year-old Deana Elizabeth Schermerhorn, in 2009. Police found Schermerhorn's body in a shallow grave after she was reported missing.
That grave was in the couple's yard in Seven Devils.
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Lightening strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport
- Elizabethton Police investigating toddler's death