WATAUGA COUNTY, N.C. - A man accused of murdering his wife in Watauga County, North Carolina has pleaded guilty to the charge.
According to the Watauga Democrat, 29-year-old Christopher Warren Meade pleaded guilty to second degree murder and was sentenced to at least 14 years in prison.
Meade is accused of killing his wife, 41-year-old Deana Elizabeth Schermerhorn, in 2009. Police found Schermerhorn's body in a shallow grave after she was reported missing.
That grave was in the couple's yard in Seven Devils.
- Updated UPDATE: ETSU issues statement on student intimidating Black Lives Matter protest
- Updated Carter County deputy, former 'Southern Justice' star, charged with murder
- New ETSU student charged with intimidation for gorilla mask act at Black Lives Matter protest
- Updated Buchanan County holds highest unemployment rate in Virginia
- Senators ask Justice Department to investigate EpiPen maker