KINGSPORT, Tenn. - Police in Kingsport say a man was killed in the parking lot of a restaurant.
It happened around 2:00 Saturday morning in the parking lot of Biggie's Restaurant on West Stone Drive.
Police say a man was trying to manually release his car's emergency brake when he became pinned underneath.
Witnesses tell police he was having trouble with the emergency brake and would get underneath the vehicle to manually release the brake.
We're told the car was on a downhill grade and when the brake was released the vehicle rolled onto the victim, pinning him underneath.
Police have identified the victim as 27-year-old Preston Benton.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens disappointed after local legislators a no-show at meeting in Johnson City
- Crews will scale back the search effort for a missing man on South Holston Lake
- Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy
- One person dead in Sunday morning car crash