KINGSPORT, Tenn. - Police in Kingsport say a man was killed in the parking lot of a restaurant.
It happened around 2:00 Saturday morning in the parking lot of Biggie's Restaurant on West Stone Drive.
Police say a man was trying to manually release his car's emergency brake when he became pinned underneath.
Witnesses tell police he was having trouble with the emergency brake and would get underneath the vehicle to manually release the brake.
We're told the car was on a downhill grade and when the brake was released the vehicle rolled onto the victim, pinning him underneath.
Police have identified the victim as 27-year-old Preston Benton.
- New Baby raccoons saved following Bristol storm
- New Department of Corrections holds law enforcement appreciation lunch
- New Severe weather traps residents in vehicles, hits homes
- New Hall of Famer's widow causes stir with memorabilia auction
- Updated Sextuplets thriving after delivery at Virginia hospital