WASHINGTON COUNTY, Va. - Washington County, Virginia Sheriff Fred Newman says it was a shake and bake meth lab that exploded and started a fire in a car.
He says there was a man close by and he had to be flown to the hospital with serious burns.
According to Newman, it happened on Carriage Lane Monday night. When authorities arrived, they say they found a man on a nearby street near a dumpster with severe burns and remnants of that meth lab.
Sheriff Newman says that investigation is now in the hands of Virginia State Police.
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Lightening strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport
- Elizabethton Police investigating toddler's death