CEDAR BLUFF, Va. - It's a guilty verdict for a Cedar Bluff, Virginia man involved in a beating death in 2012.
A Tazewell County jury convicted Williard Rell Cook of first degree murder in the death of 54-year-old Timothy Mitchell, Sr.
The Commonwealth's Attorney's office says Cook hit Mitchell in the head over and over with his fists, causing a brain hemorrhage, which led to his death.
The jury recommended Cook receive life in prison. His sentencing is set for December 15th.
- Tri-Cities native auctioning off Battle at Bristol tickets to help Louisiana flood victims
- Kids learn from visit to Appalachian Fair
- Johnson County school kids process accident, victim worsens
- One person flown to hospital after bicycle and truck crash in Jonesborough
- Job fair scheduled for Wednesday in Erwin