BRISTOL, Tenn. - Federal authorities say a long-term investigation of TN 420 Emporium led to a 44-count federal indictment against the business's co-owner.
Bristol, Tennessee police said they helped serve the warrant against Harry Joseph Cannon yesterday.
According to court documents from Greeneville's Federal Court, some of the charges include conspiracy to distribute a controlled substance, distribution and possession of a controlled substance.
Authorities tell us he was also charged for having guns during a drug trafficking crime.
Police say the investigation centered around synthetic drugs commonly referred to as "bath salts" or "spice".
They say other defendants could be charged in this case.
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day