BRISTOL, Tenn. - Federal authorities say a long-term investigation of TN 420 Emporium led to a 44-count federal indictment against the business's co-owner.
Bristol, Tennessee police said they helped serve the warrant against Harry Joseph Cannon yesterday.
According to court documents from Greeneville's Federal Court, some of the charges include conspiracy to distribute a controlled substance, distribution and possession of a controlled substance.
Authorities tell us he was also charged for having guns during a drug trafficking crime.
Police say the investigation centered around synthetic drugs commonly referred to as "bath salts" or "spice".
They say other defendants could be charged in this case.
- Tri-Cities native auctioning off Battle at Bristol tickets to help Louisiana flood victims
- Kids learn from visit to Appalachian Fair
- Johnson County school kids process accident, victim worsens
- One person flown to hospital after bicycle and truck crash in Jonesborough
- Job fair scheduled for Wednesday in Erwin