BOONE, N.C. - An ongoing investigation into a sexual battery case at an elderly care facility in Boone, North Carolina has resulted in an additional charge for the suspect.
Here's what we know -- authorities originally charged the man pictured above, 60-year-old Charles Michael Horton, with felony sexual battery. Officers say he visited a relative at a health and rehabilitation center and assaulted her.
We've learned they are also charging him with a felony count of second degree sexual assault.
Horton, at last check, remains in custody of the Watauga County jail.
- U.S. Marshals offering a reward for tips in the capture of Timothy England
- Former Kingsport armory coming down for commercial development
- Lexington at Johnson City nursing home to close doors Oct. 31
- Tennessee's Education Commissioner visits local schools
- Medical treatment of accused Volunteer Parkway shooter burdensome