BOONE, N.C. - An ongoing investigation into a sexual battery case at an elderly care facility in Boone, North Carolina has resulted in an additional charge for the suspect.
Here's what we know -- authorities originally charged the man pictured above, 60-year-old Charles Michael Horton, with felony sexual battery. Officers say he visited a relative at a health and rehabilitation center and assaulted her.
We've learned they are also charging him with a felony count of second degree sexual assault.
Horton, at last check, remains in custody of the Watauga County jail.
- Ceremony honors female veterans at Mountain Home National Cemetery
- Johnson City Memorial Day ceremony goes off without hitch, despite stolen flags
- Mountain Home National Cemetery honoring fallen service members on Memorial Day
- Free meals for children in Kingsport begin Tuesday
- Police: Man fired AK-47 from car while driving down highway