BOONE, N.C. - An ongoing investigation into a sexual battery case at an elderly care facility in Boone, North Carolina has resulted in an additional charge for the suspect.
Here's what we know -- authorities originally charged the man pictured above, 60-year-old Charles Michael Horton, with felony sexual battery. Officers say he visited a relative at a health and rehabilitation center and assaulted her.
We've learned they are also charging him with a felony count of second degree sexual assault.
Horton, at last check, remains in custody of the Watauga County jail.
- Court: Greeneville bank manager embezzled more than $1 million
- Local police agencies offering drug take-back services Saturday
- Domtar announces reduced production at Kingsport plant
- Virginia voter registration deadline extended through Friday
- School board picks plan for new Boone's Creek school, discusses redistricting issue