HAWKINS COUNTY, Tenn. - Hawkins County Authorities have another case of child abuse on their hands.
The incident involved an 18-month-old girl.
22-year-old Christopher Clamon of Rogersville told detectives that he injured the little girl. Clamon is the girl's mother's boyfriend. Detectives say they got the call to the emergency room in the Hawkins County Memorial Hospital.
The medical staff told them the girl had been assaulted and abused.
Clamon is charged with aggravated child abuse and neglect and is in jail. The child is now with a family member.
- Hawkins Co. commission halfway to $40 wheel tax increase
- VA Coal and Energy Alliance Conference: Industry leaders optimistic about coal rebound
- McAuliffe announces millions for 'green' overhaul in Russell Co. Schools
- UPDATE: Former regional jail guards indicted for contraband, bribes
- Letter: Flynn cites 'public frenzy,' invokes 5th Amendment