BOONE, N.C. - The North Carolina man charged in connection with the deaths of three people from carbon monoxide poisoning at a Boone hotel will be back in court Tuesday.
Barry Mallatere, president of Appalachian Hospitality Management, is charged with three counts of involuntary manslaughter and one count of assault inflicting serious injuries.
The case was on Monday's docket in superior court, but the district attorney's office told us the actual hearing will happen Tuesday morning at 11 a.m.
A Washington state couple was found dead in the Best Western Plus Blue Ridge Plaza Hotel back in April 2013. A few weeks later, an 11-year-old boy from South Carolina died in the same room. His mother was hospitalized.
Autopsies confirmed the three died from carbon monoxide poisoning, which officials blame on a faulty pool heater.
- Updated Parents of 11-year-old convicted murderer sued in Jefferson County
- New Buchanan County drug roundup leads to over 20 arrests
- Updated Elizabethton police looking for credit card thieves
- Updated Highway 421 closed Tuesday between Mountain City and Shady Valley
- Tenn. Athletic Dir. Hart was not getting a new contract