BOONE, N.C. - The North Carolina man charged in connection with the deaths of three people from carbon monoxide poisoning at a Boone hotel will be back in court Tuesday.
Barry Mallatere, president of Appalachian Hospitality Management, is charged with three counts of involuntary manslaughter and one count of assault inflicting serious injuries.
The case was on Monday's docket in superior court, but the district attorney's office told us the actual hearing will happen Tuesday morning at 11 a.m.
A Washington state couple was found dead in the Best Western Plus Blue Ridge Plaza Hotel back in April 2013. A few weeks later, an 11-year-old boy from South Carolina died in the same room. His mother was hospitalized.
Autopsies confirmed the three died from carbon monoxide poisoning, which officials blame on a faulty pool heater.
- Updated Fire in Abingdon sends man to hospital
- School board picks plan for new Boone's Creek school, discusses redistricting issue
- Is the election stressing you out? You're not alone.
- Avoca community rallies for girl's Diabetes service dog
- Court: Greeneville bank manager embezzled more than $1 million