MEMPHIS, Tenn. (AP) - Authorities say a man has been charged in the 2010 slaying of former NBA player Lorenzen Wright.
Shelby County District Attorney General Amy Weirich says Billy Turner was indicted Tuesday on a charge of first-degree murder. Weirich says Turner is being held on $1 million bond. Court records do not show if he has a lawyer.
Wright's decomposing body was found in suburban Memphis on July 28, 2010, 10 days after the 34-year-old was reported missing.
Police said last month that they had found a gun used in the killing in a lake in Mississippi.
Wright played for the Memphis Grizzlies and four other NBA teams as a forward and center over 13 seasons before retiring in 2009.
- Kingsport veteran and his mother receive Holston Habitat home
- Tractor Trailer crash on I-81 causing delays
- Big Brothers Big Sisters mentors give Christmas presents to their mentees
- Crews out in force to keep roads safe Friday
- Scott County woman plays role of Santa Claus; distributes hundreds of presents to kids in need