A Virginia man is making his way across the country on a bike to help wounded veterans.
We met Carter Dages Tuesday morning during his stop in Bristol, Virginia.
Dages is biking from Yorktown, Virginia to San Francisco.
He's raising money for the Wounded Warrior project.
"Many of the men and women who have been wounded surely had hopes and dreams and aspirations that won't likely play out as they may have hoped prior to their service and anything that it can do to give back to them to enhance their livelihood," says Dages.
Dages is a Rotarian and is stopping at Rotary Club meetings across the U.S.
His goal is to raise $50,000.
For more information about his efforts visit www.CartersFundraiser.org.
- Updated Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting
- New Tri Cities Regional Airport celebrates completion of construction
- Jury is out in first-degree murder case of Johnson City man
- Volunteer firefighters responded to RV fire in Bluff City
- Two men charged in the fatal shooting of Zaevion Dobson