A Virginia man is making his way across the country on a bike to help wounded veterans.
We met Carter Dages Tuesday morning during his stop in Bristol, Virginia.
Dages is biking from Yorktown, Virginia to San Francisco.
He's raising money for the Wounded Warrior project.
"Many of the men and women who have been wounded surely had hopes and dreams and aspirations that won't likely play out as they may have hoped prior to their service and anything that it can do to give back to them to enhance their livelihood," says Dages.
Dages is a Rotarian and is stopping at Rotary Club meetings across the U.S.
His goal is to raise $50,000.
For more information about his efforts visit www.CartersFundraiser.org.
- Johnson City man found guilty of second degree murder
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting