A Virginia man is making his way across the country on a bike to help wounded veterans.
We met Carter Dages Tuesday morning during his stop in Bristol, Virginia.
Dages is biking from Yorktown, Virginia to San Francisco.
He's raising money for the Wounded Warrior project.
"Many of the men and women who have been wounded surely had hopes and dreams and aspirations that won't likely play out as they may have hoped prior to their service and anything that it can do to give back to them to enhance their livelihood," says Dages.
Dages is a Rotarian and is stopping at Rotary Club meetings across the U.S.
His goal is to raise $50,000.
For more information about his efforts visit www.CartersFundraiser.org.
- Updated Man accused of killing father in Buchanan County appears in court
- Highway 421 closed Tuesday between Mountain City and Shady Valley
- Virginia state trooper charged with solicitation of prostitution
- Parents of 11-year-old convicted murderer sued in Jefferson County
- Buchanan County drug roundup leads to over 20 arrests