BRISTOL, Va. - A Virginia man is facing charges this afternoon after police say he was arrested twice over the holiday weekend.
Gate City police tell us they first stopped a truck on West Jackson Street for a simple light law violation. The responding officer says he saw several narcotics in plain view.
That's when authorities say they arrested 45-year-old Gene Alan Lane and they tell us they charged him with DUI, along with other drug violations.
Just two days later, officers say Lane was stopped again, this time on East Jackson Street.
After police say he performed poorly on a field sobriety test, he was arrested on a second DUI charge and more drug violations.
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Lightening strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport
- Elizabethton Police investigating toddler's death