SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. - A man is in jail facing attempted murder charges after a Sunday afternoon shooting.
The Sullivan County Sheriff's Department says 36-year-old Antonio Johnson of Kingsport is charged with attempted murder and aggravated assault.
Police were called to a home on Harr Town Road in Blountville around 2:30 Sunday afternoon.
Witnesses tell police a fight broke out between Johnson and a relative of his girlfriend.
According to the sheriff's department, as Johnson was leaving the home he fired at least two shots from his vehicle in the direction of the victim. We're told the victim then returned fire.
Three other people were outside the home at the time the incident occurred. No one was injured.
Police arrested Johnson after stopping his car on South John B. Dennis Highway in Kingsport.
A handgun recovered from the suspect's vehicle came back as being stolen out of Johnson City.
Johnson has been charged with attempted murder and three counts of aggravated assault.
The investigation is ongoing and more charges are pending.
- New Bristol, Va. firefighters post billboards ahead of public hearing
- Two boys charged with reckless burning in Kingsport IGA fire
- Instantly healing technology tested on human in Kingsport
- Union High School Marching Bears performing in National Memorial Day Parade
- Red Onion inmate, D.C. sniper teen could get new trial