BRISTOL, Va. - Tuesday is the last day to request a mail-in absentee ballot in a local election. The Bristol, Virginia General Registrar says the deadline to request that ballot is five o'clock Tuesday afternoon for the May 6th general election.
In order to vote absentee, you must meet a qualifying reason. You can get an absentee application at the Registrar's office in City Hall on Lee Street or online at http://www.sbe.virginia.gov. The General Registrar says Bristol residents who have questions should contact 276-645-7318, or email email@example.com.
If you are still hoping to vote by absentee in person, you have until May 3rd to do that. Tuesday's deadline is only for mail-in ballots.
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport
- Elizabethton Police investigating toddler's death
- Bristol, Va. firefighters post billboards ahead of public hearing
- Two boys charged with reckless burning in Kingsport IGA fire