Bristol's Mack Crowder has been selected to represent the University of Tennessee at next week's annual SEC Media Days.
"I am very excited," Crowder told News 5 WCYB Wednesday.
"I am honored that I was picked, and plan to do the best job I possibly can."
The former Tennessee High Viking - along with senior linebacker A.J. Johnson and junior defensive lineman Curt Maggitt - is on the list of participants released Wednesday by the University of Tennessee.
Crowder is entering his junior season with the Vols. The center played in eight games last season and started for the first time against South Carolina.
SEC Media Days run July 14-17 at the Wynfrey Hotel in Hoover, Ala.
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day
- Wanted man leads officers on multiple-state chase