BRISTOL, Va. - A local teacher will serve on Virginia Governor Bob McDonnell's teacher cabinet.
Karen Cross, a civics teacher at Bristol, Virginia Middle School was named to the group.
The Teachers Cabinet is charged with identifying needs of schools, improving education overall while getting parents and the community involved, among other duties.
The group is expected to have its first meeting later this month and will submit a report of recommendations in November.
- Tri-Cities native auctioning off Battle at Bristol tickets to help Louisiana flood victims
- Kids learn from visit to Appalachian Fair
- Johnson County school kids process accident, victim worsens
- One person flown to hospital after bicycle and truck crash in Jonesborough
- Job fair scheduled for Wednesday in Erwin