ABINGDON, Va. - Some students were showing of their artistic skills Sunday in Abingdon.
Students from Stonewall Jackson and Highland View Elementary Schools were celebrating 'Youth Art Month' by displaying their artwork at the William King Museum.
Youth Art Month is celebrated every March.
We spoke to a teacher about what it means. "We decided to emphasize youth art and put it in the public so the kids can build some confidence and be proud of their work on display here at the museum," says art teacher Jenny Snead.
The students who showed off their work were third through fifth graders.
- Updated Solidarity in Remembrance: Smyth Co. town comes together to honor veterans
- Former addict overcomes addiction, becomes drug court coordinator
- Man with bladed gloves, clown makeup held in Denver stabbing
- US Postal Service issues new Thoreau stamp at Walden Pond
- Derby Day event raises $31,000 for hunger prevention programs in Greene Co.