ABINGDON, Va. - Some students were showing of their artistic skills Sunday in Abingdon.
Students from Stonewall Jackson and Highland View Elementary Schools were celebrating 'Youth Art Month' by displaying their artwork at the William King Museum.
Youth Art Month is celebrated every March.
We spoke to a teacher about what it means. "We decided to emphasize youth art and put it in the public so the kids can build some confidence and be proud of their work on display here at the museum," says art teacher Jenny Snead.
The students who showed off their work were third through fifth graders.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Updated Dozens disappointed after local legislators a no-show at meeting in Johnson City
- Crews will scale back the search effort for a missing man on South Holston Lake
- Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy
- One person dead in Sunday morning car crash