ABINGDON, Va. - Some students were showing of their artistic skills Sunday in Abingdon.
Students from Stonewall Jackson and Highland View Elementary Schools were celebrating 'Youth Art Month' by displaying their artwork at the William King Museum.
Youth Art Month is celebrated every March.
We spoke to a teacher about what it means. "We decided to emphasize youth art and put it in the public so the kids can build some confidence and be proud of their work on display here at the museum," says art teacher Jenny Snead.
The students who showed off their work were third through fifth graders.
- Updated UPDATE: Greene Co. Sheriff says missing teen could be in N.C.
- ETSU student arraigned, has November court date
- Baby makes three Abingdon women in same family born on same day
- Updated UPDATE: Southern Conference to keep championship games in N.C.
- Save the Peeps: Workers of famous marshmallows end strike