ABINGDON, Va. - Some students were showing of their artistic skills Sunday in Abingdon.
Students from Stonewall Jackson and Highland View Elementary Schools were celebrating 'Youth Art Month' by displaying their artwork at the William King Museum.
Youth Art Month is celebrated every March.
We spoke to a teacher about what it means. "We decided to emphasize youth art and put it in the public so the kids can build some confidence and be proud of their work on display here at the museum," says art teacher Jenny Snead.
The students who showed off their work were third through fifth graders.
- New Man convicted of vehicular homicide by intoxication denied new trial
- New Former Norton parks and recreation supervisor to plead guilty in sex scandal
- Updated Live to Tell: Dragon crash victim describes ordeal
- New Paralyzed hiker finishes 2,000-plus mile journey
- Updated UPDATE: Carter County rape, incest suspect appears in court