BRISTOL, Tenn. - A local organization is hosting an event to ensure children are safe when riding in the car.
The Bristol YWCA will host a safety seat checkpoint. The free event includes child safety seat inspections, done by the Bristol, Tennessee Police Department and the Bristol, Tennessee Fire Department.
Officers will make sure seats are appropriate for the child and have been properly installed.
The event is part of a service learning project of the YWCA "Tech Gyrls" group.
The check point takes place from 4 p.m. until 6 p.m. Wednesday afternoon in the parking lot of the YWCA on State Street.
- Updated Abingdon Police investigating after a train hit a pedestrian
- Congressman Phil Roe is working on reforming the Affordable Care Act
- IN LIKE A LION: Potential for strong storms on Wednesday
- BMS and Buffalo Wild Wings host Daytona 500 watch parties in the Tri-Cities
- Police say man on drugs led officials on hour-long chase in Johnson City