BRISTOL, Tenn. - A local veteran has found a way to beat the cold and help out a good cause at the same time.
Vietnam veteran Dan Hill of Bristol is in Florida right now.
The former Marine is training for the Tampa Bay Frogman Swim.
The 5k open water swim event, which is happening January 19, raises money to provide injury assistance to Navy SEALs, and tragedy assistance for families who have lost a loved one in training or combat.
- Tenn. Senate replaces proposed 'alien' label IDs with 'visa'
- Part of Bristol, Tennessee without water after water main break
- School officials, parents discuss future of Weaver Elementary
- Unicoi County woman charged with first degree murder in Monday stabbing incident
- Bristol, TN taking steps to use drones in fire and police operations