BRISTOL, Tenn. - A local veteran has found a way to beat the cold and help out a good cause at the same time.
Vietnam veteran Dan Hill of Bristol is in Florida right now.
The former Marine is training for the Tampa Bay Frogman Swim.
The 5k open water swim event, which is happening January 19, raises money to provide injury assistance to Navy SEALs, and tragedy assistance for families who have lost a loved one in training or combat.
- UPDATE: escaped UPS Lee inmates captured in Mexico
- Firefighters feeling 'hopeful' after making presentation to Bristol, Va. city council
- School Budget Cut: Many voice concerns about tentative budget at Board of Supervisors meeting
- Solidarity in Remembrance: Smyth Co. town comes together to honor veterans
- Former addict overcomes addiction, becomes drug court coordinator