BRISTOL, Tenn. - Tootsie's Hair Salon in Bristol, Tennessee is going pink in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
They are selling shirts, buttons and hats to raise money for the Susan G. Komen Foundation.
The owner, Mildred "Tootsie" Allison, is a breast cancer survivor. She said this is the third year they are worked to raise money and awareness for breast cancer.
She says it is important for women to know their cancer status and it is never too early to get checked. "I do encourage people to get a mammogram. Ladies, please, the earlier you catch it the better off you are, because they caught mine early and I feel like I have really been blessed," Allison said.
In the two years Tootsie's has been doing this event, they have raised more than $2,000.
- Court: Greeneville bank manager embezzled more than $1 million
- Local police agencies offering drug take-back services Saturday
- Domtar announces reduced production at Kingsport plant
- Virginia voter registration deadline extended through Friday
- School board picks plan for new Boone's Creek school, discusses redistricting issue