BRISTOL, Tenn. - Tootsie's Hair Salon in Bristol, Tennessee is going pink in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
They are selling shirts, buttons and hats to raise money for the Susan G. Komen Foundation.
The owner, Mildred "Tootsie" Allison, is a breast cancer survivor. She said this is the third year they are worked to raise money and awareness for breast cancer.
She says it is important for women to know their cancer status and it is never too early to get checked. "I do encourage people to get a mammogram. Ladies, please, the earlier you catch it the better off you are, because they caught mine early and I feel like I have really been blessed," Allison said.
In the two years Tootsie's has been doing this event, they have raised more than $2,000.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy
- One person dead in Sunday morning car crash
- Dozens of vendors showcase businesses at Home and Garden Show in Johnson City
- Volunteer regional crews assisting in search for Matt Ragan on South Holston Lake