ABINGDON, Va. - An Abingdon, Virginia business is left picking up the pieces after a fire damaged it and the adjacent office building.
Abingdon Volunteer Fire Department Chief Joey Burke tells us they got the call around 8:20 Wednesday morning at the Mak Ebay and Consignments Store.
Burke tells us nobody was at the store when the fire started. He says the back room of the store had heavy fire damage and the rest of the business had smoke damage, along with the office building adjacent to it.
Burke tells us the cause of the fire is under investigation, but it is not considered suspicious.
- Johnson City man found guilty of second degree murder
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting