ABINGDON, Va. - An Abingdon, Virginia business is left picking up the pieces after a fire damaged it and the adjacent office building.
Abingdon Volunteer Fire Department Chief Joey Burke tells us they got the call around 8:20 Wednesday morning at the Mak Ebay and Consignments Store.
Burke tells us nobody was at the store when the fire started. He says the back room of the store had heavy fire damage and the rest of the business had smoke damage, along with the office building adjacent to it.
Burke tells us the cause of the fire is under investigation, but it is not considered suspicious.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Updated Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy
- One person dead in Sunday morning car crash
- Dozens of vendors showcase businesses at Home and Garden Show in Johnson City
- Volunteer regional crews assisting in search for Matt Ragan on South Holston Lake