PINEY FLATS, Tenn. - A local aviation company showed off its facility today.
As part of General Aviation Manufacturing Week, Bell Helicopter's Piney Flats facility invited lawmakers, mayors and business leaders to tour the manufacturing and training areas.
The tour included a brief overview of FAA regulations to let everyone know what's required of them.
Bell Helicopter's General Manager, Chad Nimrick, said the company is making a strong economic impact on the community and, through its partnership with a local college, training the next generation of aviation professionals.
We really wanted to take this opportunity to bring the groups together to really continue the discussion about aviation and really continue the momentum that we've started with Northeast State on our education initiative," said Nimrick.
Bell employs 500 people in its manufacturing, completions and customizing, and aircraft maintenance and overhaul departments.
- Bristol, Va. firefighters post billboards ahead of public hearing
- Two boys charged with reckless burning in Kingsport IGA fire
- Instantly healing technology tested on human in Kingsport
- Union High School Marching Bears performing in National Memorial Day Parade
- Red Onion inmate, D.C. sniper teen could get new trial