BRISTOL, Va. - A local college has lost its accreditation.
A few weeks ago, News 5 reported Virginia Intermont's accreditation was being reviewed by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission. That board has now decided against accreditation and Wednesday voted to remove VI from its membership.
Virginia Intermont officials say the decision was based on the school's financial issues, not academic programs.
The school has filed an appeal of the decision and will remain accredited during that process.
- Updated UPDATE: Kingsport Police arrest murder suspect
- Local church group donating ‘Sensory Quilts' to nursing homes in Carter County
- Whitaker sentenced to 15 years in Jonesborough child abuse case
- People living in the Lynn Garden community feel unsafe after deadly shooting
- UPDATE: Carter Co. inmate back in custody