BRISTOL, Tenn. - The Twin City Eagles Aerie and the Southeast Culinary College were giving out coats to those who are in need Saturday morning in downtown Bristol.
Richard Erskine, Chaplain of the Twin City Eagles, says the need for winter coats is still great in the area.
Erskine says the group purchased and collected around 150 jackets and purchased brand new cloves and hats.
Although Saturday was the only day the coat's were handed out, this is just the first step for getting coats to those who need them.
If you are in need of a coat and missed the event, you can still pick up coats at the Aerie club located below the culinary school or contact the school.
- New Kingsport native identified as victim in Washington state mall shooting
- Updated Local donors, recipients talk about impact of organ and tissue donation
- Updated Bristol Virginia council votes to borrow another three million for The Falls
- Officials hope to get more millennials voting in this presidential election
- Local mental health court to soon hit major milestone