JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - It's less than a week before Christmas, and a local charity is worried it won't have enough gifts to hand out to children in need.
Sarah Wells at Good Samaritan Ministries says they have no gifts for 112 children on their list for help.
54 of the children are teenagers. There are also 17 homeless children on the list.
The names are different from those who receive gifts from other programs in the region.
Coming up later on News 5 WCYB, Kyle Benjamin is looking into why denotations have been so slow this year and what the community can do to help.
If you would like to help you can call the organization at 423-928-1958 or visit their website.
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day